NPTL trace tool

    Hi all,

I'm currently working on a project that aims to trace NPTL routines in order
to help users to analyze and understand performance problems and/or debug
their multithreaded applications. This tool shows NPTL routines calls and
exits, as well as internal mechanisms details of the library. It is currently
implemented as patches for glibc (in the same way as LTT (Linux Trace
Toolkit) provides patches for Linux kernels).

For more details, you can see
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2005-06/msg00133.html
or find project documentation at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nptltracetool/

What do you think of the usefulness of such a tool for users who are faced to
multithreaded applications issues? I plan to change the way this tool
interacts with glibc source. Do you have some suggestions or requirements on
the way to do that?

Thank you.
Regards,
Guillaume