Automounts and NSS

We have supported the following interface in nss_ldap (coupled
with a custom autofs plugin) for almost a year now.

What are the chances of seeing it in glibc?

/* Begin a lookup context for an automount map */
enum nss_status _nss_XXX_setautomntent(const char *mapname, void **lookup_ctx);

/* Enumerate keys/values in an automount map */
enum nss_status _nss_XXX_getautomntent_r(void *lookup_ctx, const char **key, const char **value,
                                         char *buffer, size_t buflen, int *errnop);

/* Lookup a key in an automount map */
enum nss_status _nss_XXX_getautomntbyname_r(void *lookup_ctx, const char *key,
                                            const char **canon_key, const char **value,
                                            char *buffer, size_t buflen, int *errnop);

/* Release a lookup context */
enum nss_status _nss_XXX_endautomntent(void **lookup_ctx);

For a sample implementation see ldap-automount.c in:

	http://www.padl.com/download/nss_ldap.tar.gz

cheers,

-- Luke

P.S. Please copy me on any replies as I am not subscribed to the
list.