This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [draft] RFC: making aux vector information available externally
- From: Tom Gall <tom_gall at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:30:40 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: [draft] RFC: making aux vector information available externally
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0601052113490.22312@pacifica> <43BDDF0F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Tom Gall wrote:
> > User applications today can get to the aux vector via argv
> Whoever does this should be banned. The auxv is available through
> /proc/self/auxv. That's enough.
As one of my physics profs used to say
"I see said the blind man who picked up his hammer and saw"