Re: [RFC] dl-procinfo and HWCAP_IMPORTANT support for powerpc

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote on 12/15/2005
09:38:57 PM:

> > Well the base mechanism can work with either (AT_HWCAP or AT_PLATFORM).

> > But for powerpc, AT_PLATFORM is not included in the Aux vector. So
until
> > the powerpc kernel supports AT_PLATFORM there is not much point.
>
> I didn't know about AT_PLATFORM, I'll look into adding that to the
> kernel, but I will be post 2.6.15

Before you go off and implement AT_PLATFORM we should discuss what exactly
the kernel is going to return? What strings for which platform/chip?

Steven J. Munroe
Linux on Power Toolchain Architect
IBM Corporation, Linux Technology Center