Re: Defunct threads on Alpha with linuxthreads

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:38 +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> > > That's your problem.  It does not mean you have the right to disturb
> > > people with them.
> > >

> > Ah right ... I was wondering if this would be a case where I would be
> > ignored, or a 'Uli gets his panties in a twist' case.
>
> Nobody prevents you from debugging the problem yourself and fixing it.
> Or hiring somebody to do that for you.
> Or better yet debugging and fixing the 2.6 kernel problems on ev6.
>
> You just shouldn't expect help with LinuxThreads debugging from upstream
> libc maintainers, as LinuxThreads has been already removed from glibc
> 2.5 months ago.

I did not expect help, as the general rule of the thumb is that your are
either ignored or insulted on this list.  Personally the first would
have been preferred and accepted as such.

If somebody did however respond in a positive way, it would have been
appreciated.  I also do remember that somebody volunteered to keep
'maintaining' linuxthreads, so hoped that maybe that person might
respond or give a pointer or two.  There are no mailing list listed for
it, so this was the place to try.

As for the kernel option, we are also looking into this, but any speedy
solution for the time would have helped.

Thank you however for once again the more civil response.

Regards,

--
Martin Schlemmer