Re: forestalling GNU incompatibility - proposal for binary relative dynamic linking

On 2005-01-27, at 17:17, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

So point it out to the SuSE folks, because it isn't the problem
of glibc or gcc if SuSE applies patches that make things
incompatible.

Uninformed that you are you are misguiding people to waist their time. You have no clue. There is no "official" glibc release out there remotely compatible with kernel 2.6 and gcc 3.4. Thus there isn't anything out there SuSE could be incompatible with.

Yup, uninformed, misguided and no clue whatsoever.  That is why I have
glibc 2.3.x nicely working with gcc 3.4 without introducing any silly
incompatibilities, and you don't.

I have not a problem with cross Linux to Linux build of this piece. What I'm
fighting with is a true clean bootstrap of it in a cross OS build of the
whole tool-chain.

And even if it wouldn't compile
with 3.4, you can always use a older version of gcc, and still be able
to not introduce any incompatibilities.

You are joking? Aren't you? Again this is another idea you spread which
results only in a waste of time. I wish you a lot of fun with NPTL and old GCC
versions.

But obviously, I don't have a clue what so ever, so I will just go
back to hacking.