Glibc 2.3.3 ported to Syllable

I've been working the past 14 months to port Glibc to the Syllable operating
system ( http://www.syllable.org )  Syllable is similar to Linux in that it
uses a GNU userland and toolchain, and Glibc.

I've now completed 99% of the work required to complete the port, and my local
source tree is in sync with the libc CVS (Give or take a week).  All that is
really left is to clean up a few areas and decide the best way to handle ELF
support required for Syllable; I have currently had to severely hack
elf/Makefile to get it to build as I want it but it's far from an acceptable
set of changes.

The code itself is complete and although testing has only just begun I have
successfully compiled Gcc 3.3.4 against the new library, which runs
successfully.

I'd like to start the process of submitting my changes back into the main
tree.  I've been on this list for some time so I've seen the various mails
concerning add-on ports.  I understand this is the current policy when
porting Glibc to new architectures but how about ports to new systems?  The
current port is largely self-contained and lives in
sysdeps/unix/sysv/syllable but there are some Makefile/config changes in
varies directories outside of there which must be a part of the port in order
for Glibc to build correctly on Syllable.  The changes could not be kept
separate from the rest of source even if the Syllable code could be placed
into the tree as an add-on.

I have also not yet filled a copyright assignment.  Is this usually handled
via. one of the maintainers or should I just go ahead and mail
assign@gnu.org?  Are there any special procedures I need to follow for non-US
assignments?

Is there any more information you need?  Is there anything else I need to do
(ex. copyright)?

--
Vanders
http://syllable.sourceforge.net/