Re: Some texinfo error messages fixed

> What are the plans? I could perhaps do the necessary rewrites.

We would very much appreciate such a contribution.  The linuxthreads.texi
text came (we think) from the original author of LinuxThreads, who did not
assign its copyright.  What's needed is an entire newly written chapter or
set of chapters to into the main manual documenting the pthreads interface.
It would be much better not to have any conditionally-included parts of the
manual.  Instead, the single manual can mention any issues of divergence
that users need to be aware of.

> I checked the text about the sem_* functions against the versions in
> nptl/sysdep/unix/sysv/linux/sem*.c, and found no important
> discrepancies. Should I do that with the rest of the functions? Do you
> have any preferences at to how it is integrated into the make?  I have
> not figured out how it was integrated before, I saw no reference to the
> file in the Makefile (linuxthreads/Makefile and manual/Makefile).

It is automatically done based on the add-on name by some makefile magic.

If there are new contributions to the manual they will not be part of an
add-on, just add new files in manual/Makefile.

> Is there any easy way to make just the manual?

There is probably not an easy way to avoid some of the source generation
happening even if you do not care to build the library.  But `make info' et
al should work, though do a little more than you care about before it gets
to the manual.