This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.3.3 ldconfig breaks openssl's libssl.so
- From: Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- To: Michael Shell <news1 at michaelshell dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:30:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.3.3 ldconfig breaks openssl's libssl.so
- References: <20040913110142.556ccb7b@bashir>
> (BTW, if anyone knows a tool I can use to quickly see what string is
> used for the DT_SONAME of an ELF .so binary, do let me know. As it is,
> I have to use elfdump to find the string table and index offsets and
> then find things using a hex editor. Yuck!)
Well, it's pointed to by the DT_SONAME tag in the .dynamic section, and
readelf knows how to display this prettily. Something like
readelf --dynamic $ELF_BINARY |\
grep '(SONAME)' | sed 's,^.*\[\([^]]*\)\].*$,\1,g'
does the trick.
`The copyright file is for everyone. That we make it available in
plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing
OpenGL-rendered 3D text over a thumping dance music soundtrack is a
feature, not a bug.' --- Branden Robinson