This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] getXXent_r and getXXbyYY_r not really thread safe
- From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- To: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:27:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] getXXent_r and getXXbyYY_r not really thread safe
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <20040913112200.GA12009@suse.de>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
That is by design. Different threads can use the getXXent functions
together. Since these functions are not to be used anyway there is not
need to make this more complicated.
And now it is completely out of question to change this anyway, it
breaks the ABI which exists for more than 8 years now. There might as
well be code depending on this behavior.
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----