Re: getopt() argument permuting considered risky

Geoff Clare wrote:

> Sheesh.  I was just expressing an opinion.  Roland gave a nicely
> polite and reasonable response.  Why couldn't you?

Because despite all the replies of people who actually have something to
do with the project you keep on piling up these useless arguments and
continue this useless thread.  Stop it already.

> Simon's rsh story is a very good example of the kind of thing that
> can happen.

It's not.  I have several programs which depend on the parameter
ordering and the getopt implementation can very well handle all this.
It's just lazy programmers who don't read the documentation which create
problems.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â