RE: [RFC/PATCH] RT-NPTL-2.3 1/7

> Stop sending all these masses of text here.  People who are interested
> in this will subscribe to your mailing lists.

Agreed, too big. We will post only the announce and URL from now.

> Since you proved to be
> unwilling to make adjustments which would ever allow to accept any of
> your changes into glibc there is absolutely no justification to send
> this here.

I am not sure what mean of "we proved to be unwilling to make
adjustments which would ever allow". Does it mean you suggest we
use sys_futex instead of creating a new bundle of system calls?
If it is, I'd like to give some my reasons.

* It has been stated by many people on lkml that multiplexing
syscalls is not desirable. For that reason, Inaky implemented
the kernel patch using different system calls.

* It is a different interface.

* Last year you asked for splitting of the patch. Inaky gave
you a list of reasons why that was not that doable. He has
done as much splitting as possible now in the latest kernel code.
(http://www.redhat.com/archives/phil-list/2003-July/msg00021.html).

You can find the more details in our OLS paper:

http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/OLS-2004-Slides.sxi and
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/OLS-2004-Paper.pdf.

Thanks.

Boris Hu (Hu Jiangtao)
There are my thoughts, not my employer's.