Re: GLIBC IA64 HP_TIMING fixes for SMP systems with unsynchronizedITC

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> That needs to be libmemusage-sysdep_routines.

> > +		int fd = open ("/proc/sal/itc_drift", O_RDONLY);
>
> This is Linux-specific, isn't it?  Thus it belongs under
> sysdeps/.../linux/ia64.

Quite a bit of the code is linux specific. Do I leave the generic code
broken?

I could put some hooks in that have to be satisfied by the
operating system specific versions.

That would require the following functins:

int itc_drifting(void)	-> OS dependent way of determining if ITC is drifting.

int __get_freq(void)	-> Determine ITC frequency that has to be simulated.

Are these to be put into a separate file? itc_drift.c that satisfied those
dependencies in an OS specific way?