Re: How to submit large patch for xtensa-linux?

Joe Taylor wrote:
> I'm seeking advice on the best way to submit a large patch (~750KB) that
> adds support for xtensa-linux targets (Tensilica's Xtensa architecture).

All these non-mainstream architectures will from now on have to live in
add-ons.  We plan to add some magic to the main configure file to allow
add-ons provide the base_machine/machine definitions but that's it.
Everything else can be handled in add-ons.  So, just reorganize your
code to have to appropriate structure and, for the time being, provide a
little patch to the main configure file.  Then distribute the add-on
from your side.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â