Re: Latest Glibc from CVS has segmentation problems.

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

excerpt from glibc-cvs-2004-03-07/INSTALL

To install the library and its header files, and the Info files of
the manual, type `env LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C make install'. This will
build things, if necessary, before installing them; however, you should
still compile everything first. If you are installing glibc as your
primary C library, we recommend that you shut the system down to
single-user mode first, and reboot afterward. This minimizes the risk
of breaking things when the library changes out from underneath.

This is what I have done, with succcess, in the past. If this is not true anymore
the information should be updated. This may also save you some time you
otherwise spend in answering mail of 'random' people .
--
Klaus