Re: NIS performance patches

Jeff Bastian wrote:
I've used your patch with the latest glibc source RPM from RedHat for RHEL3 and it compiled without any errors. I have it running on client now, so all I need to do is find a NIS server and yank the network cord and see if the client rebinds.

I finally managed to build a NIS server I can play with. I fired up 'ypbind -no-ping' on my client and it bound to the new server. Then I killed ypserv. The client broke:

[root@roach etc]# ypwhich
can't yp_bind: Reason: Domain not bound
[root@roach etc]# ypcat passwd
No such map passwd.byname. Reason: Can't communicate with portmapper

I tried again without the -no-ping and it was still broken... Hrmm..

I'm using ypbind-1.12 with the patches applied. I'm going to try ypbind-1.16 in the morning.

Thorsten, how did you do your testing?

Jeff