Re: alloca and reliable stack-overflow detection in glibc functions

Nobody claimed we have added the alloca size protection to all code by
now.  If there are ommission, like setenv, we'll fix it by using the
same methods.

But stupid problems doing unreasonable things are on their own.  libc
will use a certain amount of stack memory.  There is a minimum and above
that we try to take the stack size into account.

So, all we will are adding __libc_use_alloca() calls.  Everything else
is the application's problem.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â