Re: gcc3.3: problem compiling elf/soinit.c (int. compiler error)

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 03:19:14PM +0200, Hillier Gernot wrote:

I sent this message already to bug-glibc in August 2003, but never got an answer. So I try to re-post it here today. Hope this is ok...

--- SNIP ---

I'm just trying to build a cross toolchain with target platform AMD64.

With gcc-3.2, everything went fine, but with 3.3 I get an internal compiler error at elf/soinit.c:

You have not built your toolchain properly.
Particularly, your compiler doesn't use --eh-frame-hdr and you're using
obsolete binutils.

Perhaps, but I'm getting the same error using the latest released sources for everything, so presumably gcc-3.3.2 is using --eh-frame-hdr when invoking binutils for me.

I second the motion to commit the patch in question.  If you look at
it, it's doing something sensible: it's marking stuff that's
going into a readonly segment as const.  Why not apply it?  It
seems obviously correct.

Here's my copy of it:
http://kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.26-pre1/patches/glibc-2.3.2/gcc-pr-9952-workaround.patch

- Dan