Re: glibc and nptl support for powerpc target

I understand.
Peraphs I'm having a different problem.
I wrote a kernel driver for the 2.6 linux kernel. It basically sits on an
interrupt and tries to wake a *thread* (and not the main thread).
What happens is that the thread seems not to be awaken and it stops forewer
on the read function. If I make the main process stop waiting for the
driver, everything works fine.

I'm wondering: haw can the driver wake up the thread inside the process
having it only a reference to the process ID?
Is it a drivers-writer task to list all the thread and to call the
wake_up_interruptible function against them? Or is it a glibc/pthread task?

Thanks.
      Lapo

Steve Munroe <sjmunroe@us.ibm.com> on 20/11/2003 15:12:08