Re: PATCH: Implement static dl_iterate_phdr

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:34:25PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> > When you compile a .c file, you may not know if it will be used to
> > create a static or dynamic binary. To be reliable, I can't use
> > dl_iterate_phdr at all if it isn't available for static binary unless
> > I know it will never be the part of a static binary.
>
> You need to test for errors of functions you call. So, if you test for
> -1/ENOSYS in this case, there is no problem.

I may need the information on executable provided by dl_iterate_phdr.
If it returns -1, I have to find another way to get what I need. Why
bother with it at all if it doesn't work with static executable? Also
it makes my code less portable. In this case, it is useless for me.

H.J.