This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] pread64/pwrite64 on SPARC64
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:17:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] pread64/pwrite64 on SPARC64
- References: <20031007111639.GA3255@suse.de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:16:39PM +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> the following patch is necessary to be able to compile current glibc
> on SPARC64 again. But make check still shows a lot of seg.faults and
> bus errors.
This is not the right fix.
You need something like e.g. s/u/s/l/x86_64/sysdep.h does:
/* This is a kludge to make syscalls.list find these under the names
pread and pwrite, since some kernel headers define those names
and some define the *64 names for the same system calls. */
#if !defined __NR_pread && defined __NR_pread64
# define __NR_pread __NR_pread64
#if !defined __NR_pwrite && defined __NR_pwrite64
# define __NR_pwrite __NR_pwrite64
Otherwise, you won't be able to compile against older kernel headers.
> 2003-10-07 Thorsten Kukuk <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sparc/sparc64/syscalls.list: Fix pread64
> and pwrite64 alias entry.