Re: non local labels in some handcoded assembly

Philip Blundell wrote:
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 13:58, robert wrote:

A lot of the assembly code contains (global) lables like:

Lalign,Loop, Llastword,Ldiv0,Loop1,Loop3,Lfixup_dividend, Lbignum,Lgot_result

I think those can and should be converted to local labels, i.e labels beginning with a dot.

Most of those symbols sound like they are from libgcc, not libc.

I did a quick grep, and Llastword occurs in glibc-2.3.2/sysdeps/arm/strlen.S but nowhere in gcc.

Robert, I'm glad you're looking into this.  I have a
gcc/glibc cross-compiler build script, http://kegel.com/crosstool,
and saw the same problems as you building glibc-2.3.2, I bet.
I'd be happy to help test any patches you come up with
(though I don't have an arm box, so all I can do is verify builds).
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com