Re: More locale fixes

[Jordi Mallach]
> Well, I assume that if only 3 out of many dozen locales are doing
> what the docs say needs to be done, the docs need some fixing.

I've discovered that this is not a safe assumption to make regarding
glibc locales.  The formatting of international currency is broken,
and work by accident.  A lot of locales are wrong, but can not be
fixed yet because the locale implementation in glibc is broken.  The
reason I discovered this, was because it was impossible to express the
correct formatting for some locales.

I am working on a patch for this, but it is not finished yet (and I
haven't had time to look at it for a few months).  Look at
<URL:http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-06/msg00257.html>
for a test case, documenting the current output.  The current output
is not correct, notice the double whitespace and the incorrect placing
of symbol and signs.

Because I discover that the assumption that the majority of the
locales are good is incorrect, I would like to have some specification
to check the implementation against, instead of just guessing.
Apparently Ulrich do not accept any of the standard track
specifications, so I am not sure how to get such specification.