Re: Updated/new locales for sr_CS (Serbia and Montenegro)

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:48:10PM +0200, Danilo Segan wrote:
> Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >
> >[Danilo Segan]
> >> Is there any interest in this? Any chance of it getting included in
> >> the GNU libc distribution?
> >
> >At least I am interested in looking at it, and assisting you in
> >getting it accepted into glibc.  But I am very busy with other
> >projects at the moment.  I hope to get back to you within 2-3 weeks
> >time. :)
> >

> Thanks. I'll sure annoy you if that doesn't happen ;-)
>

> >I plan to look at the content, and also check that the new locale
> >compiles with the current CVS version of glibc. :)
>

> Watch out for the caveat I already mentioned: localedef has a built-in
> map of country code numbers to country codes, as assigned by ISO 3166.
>
> Yet, the numeric code for CS/SCG is the same as the one for YU/YUG, so
> that's the only problem localedef reports for me (perhaps this is fixed
> in glibc CVS, but it might not be, since this became official on July
> 24).
>
> (I've also put another version at http://srpski.org/locale/ that
> doesn't use the <Uxxxx> escapes, if that will ease reading at least a
> bit: the files "read-sr_CS" and "read-sr_CS@Latn" in UTF-8 encoding).

I amy also have time for a look at it.

I think we should be a little careful about the CS code.
I know that thete are people that are filing formal complaints about
this code, because of the conflict with the depreciated Czekoslovakia
code.

Best regards
keld