Re: RFC: lastlog access function

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 07:10:23PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> H. J. Lu wrote:
>
> > In that case, does "struct lastlog" really belong to glibc?
>
> No, it doesn't, but unfortunately therefore was existing practice for this.

There are only very few programs which use "struct lastlog". Remove
it from glibc shouldn't cause too much trouble. I don't believe glibc
should provide some data structure without documentation nor access
functions. xxxBSDs do it doesn't mean we have to. I can create a
lastlog project to provide <lastlog.h> with access functions.

H.J.