Re: Ukrainian locale

[Volodymyr M. Lisivka]
> Ok, but current locale has bugs in collation order for Ukrainian
> letters.  Can You update at least LC_COLLATION section to fix bugs?

I do not have write access to the glibc CVS, so I can only assist you
in submitting the changes to the glibc maintainers.

>>  - I've been told by the glibc maintainers that the <U#> notation
>>    should be used for ASCII values as well as non-ASCII values.  The
>>    locale uses ASCII texts several places.  This should probably be
>>    changed.
>
> Is there any tool to do that?

Not that I'm aware of.  I would like such tool myself. :)

>>  - The glibc locales seem to contain some information in comments at
>>    the top of the file.  Your file is missing these.  The included
>>    patch adds these headers.
>
> Where I can find documentation about format and purpose of this comment?

I do not know.  I've just been looking at the other locales.
>> +% Charset: KOI8-U
> What this string mean? (Default encoding for locale?)

This is the default or suggested charset for the locale, yes.

>>  - Why do you use posix:1993 for LC_NUMERIC?
> Please read ISO TR14652 about LC_IDENTIFICATION section.

I've since learned what should be in this field, and realise I was
wrong in my initial suggestion.  But your locale have a typo in this
field.  It reads 'il18n' while it should read 'i18n'.