Re: cris build error with glibc-2.3.2: errno-loc.c:39: error: `pthread_descr'undeclared

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> wrote:

According to http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-01/msg00008.html
this implies the port maintainer needs to write
linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/cris/sysdep-cancel.h

As the maintainer :-), do you have that file, or some other workaround?

No, I don't have it and I'm not up-to-date with that issue.

OK. Shall I file a bug against glibc, then?

BTW, the easiest way to repeat the problem is:
  wget http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/crosstool-0.9.tar.gz
  tar -xzvf crosstool-0.9.tar.gz
  cd crosstool-0.9
  eval `cat cris.dat` `cat gcc3.3-glibc2.3.2.dat` sh all.sh
This will download the appropriate virgin tarballs and build
up to the point of failure.  Takes about an hour on a fast machine,
and about 1.5 gigabytes of space.

(I'm surprised there's no dummy implementation that lets a port
at least build, say, with a spewage of warnings.)

Ah, well, a spewage of errors is almost as good :-) - Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com