Re: How to get LDAP support in NSS/compat?

[Thorsten Kukuk]
> Next version of my patch. This time, passwd, shadow and group is
> implemented. This should be the final version for this services.

Very good. :)

Is it normal to use the compat module for shadow?  I would expect it
to be sufficient to use it for passwd, and then let shadow be 'nis
files' or 'ldap'files'.

I guess the compat module should be moved from nis/ and into nss/ as
it no longer is nis specific?

> Only initgroups_dyn is missing, I disabled it for now.

Is initgroups_dyn() needed for anything?

Thank you.  I'll try to set up a test environment to test it.