Re: mon_grouping bug

Hi,

ppc32 linux defaults to unsigned char.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about about other os implementations on ppc32 (netbsd, aix, darwin, etc) or if this is even true for ppc64 linux.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

I too am concerned about what effects this might have on existing programs,
however. It can only be an issue for existing programs on platforms where
char defaults to unsigned and so CHAR_MAX != 0177. Which platforms are these?

----
Kevin B. Hendricks
Associate Professor of Operations and Information Technology
Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
London Ontario, CANADA  N6A 3K7
khendricks at ivey dot uwo dot ca