Re: mips64 n32 and n64 support in dl-machine.h

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com> writes:

|> On Mar 14, 2003, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com> wrote:
|>
|> > The problem here is that the compiler legitimately assumes that a
|> > pointer is aligned, but we have to turn that into a pointer that's not
|> > guaranteed to be aligned while preventing the compiler from being
|> > smart and figuring out the pointers are the same and doing the
|> > optimization anyway.
|>
|> Here's the patch I came up with. Ok to install?

IMHO a better solution would be a way to use a different signature for the
elf_machine_rel function with void* as the last parameter for those
architectures that need to handle unaligned stores specially.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab at suse dot de
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg