Re: state of the project

libc-alpha,

Thanks for all the hard work!

> Some efforts could be observed lately at the HPPA front.  But I think
> they are still shy of the goal.  Plus HPPA has one huge problem going
> forward: the ill-designed instruction set of the processor will make
> adding HPPA support to NPTL very interesting.  Have fun guys.

With the help of various HPPA developers I'm sure we'll have it working.

I'm compiling and testing glibc cvs every other day and helping
debian-glibc with any HPPA related issues.

Current glibc HPPA todo list contains:

- Push patches upstream (pthreads/dl-machine).
- Fix all "make check" failues (Largely toolchain/kernel related).
- EWOULDBLOCK emulation (EWOULDBLOCK != EAGAIN on HPUX)
- Fix fraiseexcpt (Delayed exceptions)
- Port NTPL to parisc (Looking at it...)
- Fix setjmp/longjmp implementations (Need to generate a testcase).
- Implement make/swap/set/get/context() (SAPDB needs these)
- Make atomic ops atomic (exhcange_and_add/atomic_add/compare_and_swap)
- Fix sizeof(long double) (128-Bit => Needs gcc coordination)
- Add more tests in glibc for fesetround()
- HPPA64 (Perhaps some 64-bit userspace patches will see the light of day)

If anyone is looking at any HPPA stuff please keep me in the loop :)

Cheers,
Carlos.