Re: glibc 2.3.1 - hppa - Test results.

> > > [/libio/tst-mmap-eofsync.out] Error 1
> > > [/libio/tst-mmap-fflushsync.out] Error 1
> >
> > I would look at these first.
>
> Kernel problems. We think we just recently got them fixed. LTP and few
> broken debian packages alerted us to this problem.

Unforunately these are *NOT* fixed, but in any case, it is likely a
kernel problem and not a glibc one...

> > > [/dlfcn/default.out] Error 1

default fails with the comparison of the dlsym() returned pointer of
main against &main. hppa, like ia64, has function descriptors.... the
function descriptor returned by _dl_function_address() may be newly
allocated. i'm not too surprised this fails.

> > > [/dlfcn/tststatic.out] Error 139
> I have no idea why these fail :)

> > > [/elf/vismain.out] Error 1

`.protected' seems to be handled correctly, good!
`protinmod' in main and mod1 don't have same address
`protitcpt' in main and mod3 don't have same address

seem to be similar to the default case.

> > > [/elf/neededtest.out] Error 14
> > > [/elf/neededtest2.out] Error 14
> > > [/elf/neededtest3.out] Error 17
> > > [/elf/neededtest4.out] Error 2
> > > [/elf/circleload1.out] Error 9
> > Then these (might be some of the same problems as the dlfcn failures).

we had the similar failures of these functions with glibc-2.2.5... so at
least these are not new. will need to investigate some more to find out
what's going on.

so, while this is certainly not a *clean* run, it seems to be as good as
what we've had :)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports