Re: FreeBSD port (30): profiling frequency

> Nope, on i386 the value of profhz is 1024, and the show-prof-freq
> program tells me that I need the value 100. Which is 'hz'.

I think you are being misled.  If you were right, it would be pretty
confusing because the BSD gmon code use profhz and is otherwise almost
identical to GNU's.  I don't have FreeBSD handy, but I have been looking at
NetBSD (1.6) source and AFAICT the SIGPROF itimer interval is not related
to the profil sampling frequency.  Once upon a time in Unix they were, but
now they are independent features.