Re: FreeBSD port (52): platform dependent utmp comparison

Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> writes:

> Roland McGrath writes:
> > Only the opinions of lawyers matter. Many years ago the FSF laywer
> > at the time said to follow the conventions I've said.
>
> The legal departments of some companies are satisfied with the range
> notation.

Sure, and the legal department of the FSF is not.  But I don't
particularly care; we should take the advice of our lawyer.  Feel free
to ask rms to discuss it with Eben Moglen.  But since it's no trouble
to just be conservative, I can't see a good reason not to be.