Re: [C++] Re: LIBPTHREAD development step

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Anton Lavrentiev wrote:
> > Okay, I got your point. However, let me disagree with that there are no major benefits.
>
> There are no major benefits doing this in libpthread.  If you want one
> PID overload getpid().
>
>  > To live with defficiencies as suggested in more like Microsoft's way,
>  > not GNU's, don't you think so?
>
> No, it's not.  It means that I have no intention whatsoever to invest
> any more time in this code.

Hi Ulrich,
I hear that you and Ingo are working on a replacement thread library
(according to Ingo's post of 8/16/2002,
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=102949331625369&w=2 )
Is that correct?  If so, are any details about this project available?

We'd love to hear your ideas for the future of glibc thread support on
Linux.
Do you see the NGPT project
(http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/pthreads/)
fitting in somewhere?  (Personally, I'm not so thrilled with their plans
for N:M thead support; even Sun is giving up on that.)

Thanks,
Dan