Re: symbol clarification please?

Ulrich,
   Okay, I think I follow this...hopefully...does (GLIBC_2.0) mean
the symbol is weak? If so, isn't that what we want...ie to have
glibc provide a weak symbol from libgcc-compat for these
libgcc symbols which can be overriden with symbols from
libgcc itself if needed later? Thats the drift I got from
the thread...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-08/subjects.html#00357

If so, doesn't that mean that we would rather have the revised
libgcc-compat patch in glibc-2-2-branch whether or not any
gcc 3.2 symbol versioning fixup occurs. That is we want
these symbols provided by libgcc-compat to be weak as opposed
to what we have now.
           Thanks in advance for any clarification.
                          Jack