Re[2]: DLOPEN and Statically linked executable

Hello Wolfram,

Friday, June 21, 2002, 1:31:49 PM, you wrote:

>> IMHO it is just wasting time on your part, your patches to
>> linuxthreads are so trivial that glibc should do the thing you need by
>> default.

WG> This has come up before, there is no general agreement on this; I
WG> strongly disagree.

WG> I much prefer to have reasonably large thread stack sizes by default,
WG> rather than being able to create ridicoulous amounts (>1000) of
WG> threads (which, if _required_ by the application, I count as a severe
WG> application bug).

The question is not in having some special static thread stack size by
default, but rather possibility to dynamically select it.  Currently
even if you set thread stack to smaller value it will still be
allocated on 2M boundaries not allowing to have that much number of
threads.

Also I would not agree about such architecture.  Thread-per client
architecture is quite convenient for many applications.   Not only
MySQL but various other applications use it (ie OOPS). With only
change it is process per client Apache 1.3.x is using this model.

Any hard coded limits are not good, it does not matter if it is number
of users, processes, threads or open files.

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mpza