--HANG of argp (or: _argp_hang is static now)

Hi,

Ulrich made _argp_hang in argp/argp-parse.c static, so that it is not
exported anymore.  This makes argp a little less useful, in particular the
--HANG option (one can still use it to hang for, say, 20 seconds and then be
quick with the debugger, and then wait the remaining time).

The reason it was exported is that you can set it with the debugger.  All
Hurd servers use the argp from glibc, and for passive translator settings,
where servers are started by the system automatically, it is particularly
useful when debugging the server.

Although we have other means to debug translators, and delay their startup,
for a passive translator using the --HANG option seems to be the most
convenient way to indefinitely delay the actual server setup.  The last time
I needed this feature was an hour ago :)  I ended up using the 20s trick above.

Please consider exporting the variable, at least on the GNU platform.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de