This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: zombie threads after gdb
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: horape at tinuviel dot compendium dot net dot ar
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:46:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: zombie threads after gdb
- References: <20020308210505.GA31424@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar>
On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 06:05:05PM -0300, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I'm working in a heavy multithreaded program, and after running it under gdb,
> any threaded program that i run is unable of joining threads.
> It seems that is a known problem (i've found several references to it
> googling), but i couldn't find any solution or workaround.
> I'm running linux 2.4.18.
The patch was posted to this list about a year ago, by Mark Kettenis.
It never made it into the kernel.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer