need help understanding header file organization

The header file that ends up in /usr/include/bits/syscall.h has a
comment in it:

/* Generated at libc build time from kernel syscall list.  */

I am trying to find this file in the source AND most especially, where
it is built, i.e. the make file/ script that does it.

I am attempting to add the system call stubs for posix timers to the
library.  I have set it up so the stubs replace the library routines
conditioned on the __NR_<call name> being defined.  I think I have this
under control, BUT...

The system calls have need of slightly different defines for some of the
CLOCK_  and other constants in the header files.  One way of doing this
is to condition the values again on __NR_<call name> being defined.  Is
this a "ok" way to do this or is there some other preferred method.

--
George           george@mvista.com
Real time sched: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsched/