This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: gcc 3.1 20020118 miscompiled ld.so on Linux/mips
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:45:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 20020118 miscompiled ld.so on Linux/mips
- References: <20020120113945.A7433@lucon.org>
On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 11:39:45AM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> When I used gcc 3.1 20020118 to compile the current glibc from trunk
> on Linux/mips, I got
> # /export/build/gnu/glibc-3.1/build-mipsel-linux/elf/ld.so.1
> zsh: 30232 segmentation fault (core dumped) /export/build/gnu/glibc-3.1/build-mipsel-linux/elf/ld.so.1
> gcc 2.96 is ok. I am looking into it now.
It looks like we need to add -finline-limit=xxxx at least for mips. We
have to inline all functions in rtld.c if they are marked as inline
since we can't do relocation during ld.so bootstrap.