Re: GCC-3.0.1 can't compile Glibc-2.2.4

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 11:34:04PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> As for the status of Jakub's patch.  The way Jakub changed
> elf/soinit.c:__libc_global_ctors() is wrong.  This code should simply
> call __register_frame_info_bases().  There's no point in handling

Agreed, I'll make a new patch tomorrow.

> Aport from the problem indicated above, there's no point in installing
> Jakub's patch as long as libstdc++ still contains a copy of
> __frame_state_for.  A remedy was briefly discussed on libc-alpha,

I believe it is a task for distribution vendors to fix up their
compatibility compilers (note all of them need to be fixed, not just
2.95.latest).

> see:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2001-09/msg00017.html
>
> and subsequent messages.  I'm not sure concensus has been reached on
> this issue.

I think rth's suggested -( -lc -lgcc -) may be costly (as libc symbol count
is not exactly small), will need to check what ld will actually do in that
case.

	Jakub