Re: [Fwd: Cannot build glibc 2.2.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu]

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:24:41PM -0700, Shelly Adhikari wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This happens with the release 2.2.3 also - any idea why *SUN*rpc has to
> be
> compiled in my *LINUX* box? Thanks for reading and letting me know.

This is most probably not related to sunrpc (and you need sunrpc on your
linux box, you use nfs, portmapper, fam, etc., don't you?),
this is the first time some program is run against the newly built dynamic
linker and shared libraries.
Interesting is where exactly does it die (gdb helps) and why.
If you say it happens with two different releases, it is probably either
compiler, linker or something like that.
2.96 as gcc version is not particularly specific, is it some RHL 7.x
compiler (in which case which one), or is it something else?

	Jakub