Re: libgcc_s.so.1 ASIS won't work with glibc.

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:23:41AM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> But it does have __throw and its friends from libgcc.a in g++ v2.

So what?  That doesn't affect __register_frame_info et al.
The v2 __throw uses only __frame_state_for.  Nothing else.

> My proposal is:

Stop proposing.  You've yet to show the problem.  Please
show me the problem first.

That test case plus test instructions you just gave was
obviously bogus -- it can't have failed for the reasons
you said it would.  I'd bet you didn't try it yourself.

So.  Either revise the test procedure to show the bug, or
explain where my previous explaination of why things will
work is incorrect.

> Now we have 2 versions of those frame functions. The one in libc.so.6
> is for the binaries compiled with gcc v2 and the one in libgcc_s.so.1
> is for the binaries compiled with gcc v3.

This won't work.  If you build glibc with gcc3, then glibc will
use the pc-relative FDE format, which the gcc2 libgcc routines
do not support.  If you use the gcc2 routines and unwind through
qsort, you'll crash.

r~