Re: libgcc_s.so.1 ASIS won't work with glibc.

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:34:19AM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > Ok, what are the reasons that the DSO would use the v2 EH
> > that it has included in itself?  It is earlier in the search
>
> It can happen with
>
> # gcc -g -fPIC -c bar.cc
> # gcc -shared -o libbar.so bar.o -lc

Um, ok, but now libbar.so doesn't contain __register_frame_info
and so forth at all.

> 2. Recompile glibc with gcc 3.0.1.
> 3. Run it against with the new glibc.

Unless you've written a new version of __frame_state_for for glibc,
I don't see how step 2 can be accomplished at all at the moment.
Certainly I'd expect step 3 to fail, since that function will be
missing.

> The key point is you should try to avoid to have 2 functions with
> different ABIs with the same name and version.

I think you're completely off track.  There may indeed be a problem,
but I don't think it's the one you're describing.

r~