Re: GCC vs GLIBC: why this stance, Drepper ?!?

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:06:15AM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jul  1, 2001, Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM> wrote:
>
> > If you don't want people to cc you, you'll have to tell them so in
> > the body of your message.
>
> Or set the Mail-Followup-To: header, that, AFAIK, a few mail-readers
> recognize and recommend users to honor.

The mutt mailreader, for example, will Do The Right Thing when you reply
to an address which you have told mutt is a mailing list to which you
are subscribed.

The first procmail rule I have is to discard duplicate emails.

Between those two pieces of magic, people can cc: me all they want, and
I'll only see one.  (Modulo post-compiler-release days, when the mail
backlog is so long that the duplicate-email cache expires.)

Phil

--
Would I had phrases that are not known, utterances that are strange, in
new language that has not been used, free from repetition, not an utterance