Re: hppa dynamic linker fix for g++ 3.0

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Not true.  You may have missed the fact that byte stores are only used
> when the address is unaligned.

No, I did not.

> Adding another reloc type will cost at least one branch in the loop
> for a number of reloc types, and probably an instruction too.

The relocation tests happen at the outer level and by correct ordering
you avoid the tests unless necessary.  You end up, just as you said,
with higher costs for a common relocation.  Not that I care much about
this architecture.  It might just be fine that for once the PA crowd
tries to learn something from somebody else.