This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Failed build of GLIBC for MIPS...
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Failed build of GLIBC for MIPS...
- From: "Gabor Z. Papp" <gzp at myhost dot mynet>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:34:44 GMT
- Organization: gzp
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3AA7A540.email@example.com>
* Steven J. Hill <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
| /usr/local/mips-le/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/3.1/libgcc.a(__main.o): In function
| `no symbol':
| /data/cvs/gcc/gcc/libgcc2.c(.text+0x18c): undefined reference to `atexit'
| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Andreas, when it isn't glibc related error, then something
really wrong with binutils' ld. I have tired with
22.214.171.124.4 and 2.10.1, both failed. BTW the binaries have
the same size.
Steven, you must add "-lpthread" to the CFLAGS to link that
object, because "atexit" is referenced in libpthread.so, and
someway ld doesn't link it automatically.