The current shared libgcc won't work for Linux.

I understand the need for shared libgcc. But I don't believe the
current implementation of shared libgcc will work for Linux. For
one thing, shared libgcc may be linked against every single dynamic
binary under Linux, just like libc.so. For the same reason, it has
to be treated with the same care as libc.so.

For example, some people suggested shared libgcc should be installed
under /lib on Linux, which is highly desirable. But what happens when
a user installs a different version of gcc? Where does the new shared
libgcc go? How things will work with one shared libgcc in /lib and
another under /usr/local/lib, both visible to ld.so by default? If
we decide only one shared libgcc should be visible to ld.so by
default, where will this shared libgcc be and where should it come
from? If it comes from gcc, how do I know it won't bring down the
whole machine after I override the previous one?

It is just one problem. There may be more. The glibc/Linux people have
lots of experiences and learned many lessons in this area. I strongly
urge the gcc people listen to what the glibc/Linux people have to say
on this before it is too late. I believe any shared libgcc scheme for
Linux has to be blessed by the glibc/Linux people.

Thanks for your time.

H.J.