Re: pthread_sigqueue{_np} ??

Thanks to all that responded to my question whether the
interface pthread_sigqueue{_np} {c/sh}ould be implemented
in LinuxThreads. The goal is to queue (RT) signals to
a thread. I really appreciate all of them. Unfortunately,
I have not been able to benefit from the responses.

One response flatly said "No. It is not needed" and simply
stated that it can be done outside the pthreads library.
One questioned why I want to do this in the first place and
the other suggested that some OS's implement this functionality
in the kernel and that SIGSTOP and SIGCONT should suffice
for thread suspension and resumption on Linuxthreads.
But how do I queue them to the threads without a mechanism
to do an equivalent of sigqueue for threads?

>From the first response I got it seems to me that there is
indeed a way to do this. As I said earlier, without a
(non-portable) thread id to process id translation how can I
call a sigqueue() on a thread on Linux? The other feature of
sigqueue() I need is to pass an application-specific value
to the receiving thread. This is not available with kill().

Thanks for your help.

Bharadwaj